Combined-cycle gas turbine
The new FPROPS code has been used to develop a number of energy system models by John Pye for a paper presented at SolarPACES 2010. These models can be found in our source-code repository and will be included in the next release of ASCEND. For now, the key files are:
- models/johnpye/fprops/rankine_fprops.a4c - Rankine cycle models for CO2, toluene, water and ammonia.
- models/johnpye/fprops/rankine_regen.a4c - regenerative Rankine cycle models for toluene, water and ammonia.
- models/johnpye/brayton.a4c - air Brayton cycle models, including regenerative Brayton cycle.
- models/johnpye/fprops/combinedcycle_fprops.a4c - Combined-cycle models, with open air Brayton cycles coupled to toluene, water, and ammonia Rankine cycles.
- models/johnpye/fprops/cycle_plot.py - routines used to plot the figures shown in the paper.
Note that the plotting for these models is done using the admittedly-buggy ExtPy extension for ASCEND.
- J Pye, K Lovegrove and G Burgess. Combined-cycle solarised gas turbine with steam, organic and CO2 bottoming cycles, Proceedings of SolarPACES 2010, Perpignan, France, Sept 2010.