Binary installer for Boost on MinGW
Here is an installer for Boost version 1.34.1 and 1.41.0 on MinGW using NSIS:
I have been able to build a couple of different projects against these Boost libraries, specifically ones that use the Boost Serialization components, but I couldn't consider it to have been extensively tested. Please let me know if you have any problems.
Instructions for building Boost-1.41.0 on MinGW
- make sure you have ~3G of spare space on your machine before starting this process -- building Boost takes lots of space.
- download the 3.1.17-ntx86 version of bjam from here
- unpack that zip file and, using MSYS, cp bjam.exe /mingw/bin.
- download and unpack the .tar.bz2 version of the 1.41.0 release of boost from here
- enter the boost_1_41_0 directory via MSYS
- bjam --build-dir=boost-build --toolset=gcc --build-type=complete stage release
- Go and make yourself several cups of tea
- bjam --build-dir=boost-build --toolset=gcc install
To create the binary package, unpack boost-mingw-scripts.tar.bz2, enter the boost-mingw-scripts directory, and run scons. You will need to have SCons, Python and NSIS installed on your system. You may need to make some minor changes at the top of the SConstruct file first. Packaging takes a few minutes, owing to the ~5000 header files present in Boost.
The resulting binary installation of Boost will contain only the static libraries for Boost, enabling you to easily distribute any binaries that you link against it.
Note: this page has been protected from non-admin edits, to prevent other people uploading files. You can make comments via the 'discussion' page if you wish, though.