(Redirected from SyntaxImprovement)
- Added 'ASSERT expr' statement for ModelSelfTesting.
- Added 'FIX varlist' statement to facilitate more concise specify methods.
- Added 'FREE varlist'
- Added short-form 'IMPORT librarystemname' (assumes registration function named is librarystemname_register)
- Added a standard fall-back implementation of 'default_all'
- New standard method 'on_load'.
- Add a 'PLOT instance' statement (currently only possible with ExtPy).
- Add a 'SOLVE [WITH solver]' statement (can instead use IMPORT "sensitivity/solve")
- Add a 'SOLVER paramname := paramvalue' statement for setting solver params (can instead use IMPORT "johnpye/solvernotes")
- Add an 'OBSERVE varlist' statement (no alternative is yet in place)
- Add 'INDEPENDENT t IS_A time' statement for specifying independent variable in ODE/DAE simulation.
- Add LINK syntax
- Add 'der(x)' statement for declaring/expressing derivatives of other variables.
- Reinvent the syntax entirely, in a much more open-source friendly way. AscendXSyntax discussion.
No longer under consideration
- Add 'PYTHON METHOD methodname' (see ExtPy for alternative approach)
- Add 'METHOD methodname FROM PYTHON "filename"' (see ExtPy for alternative approach)