ASCEND is a free open-source software program for solving small to very large mathematical models. ASCEND can solve systems of non-linear equations, linear and nonlinear optimisation problems, and dynamic systems expressed in the form of differential/algebraic equations.
In this wiki...
- some new user's documentation (in progress)
- some information on the various ASCEND solvers.
- the Worked examples and the model library for some examples of what you can do with ASCEND.
- information on Building ASCEND from the source code
- information about extending ASCEND using external libraries.
- read about current Development activities.
- the Developer's Manual in progress.
- about our GSOC2012 participation.
- some ideas for Student Projects working on ASCEND.
- please report a bug if you find one.
This wiki is open to contributions from anyone. All we ask is that you register with your email address. Note that there is some earlier content from our previous website gradually being migrated to this wiki.
Get the source code
ASCEND is free open-source software released under the General Public License.
Source code (as well as binary) releases are available from our download page on SourceForge.
How to participate
ASCEND is currently research-quality software and contributions from users are very much encouraged. If you have a hard problem that you can't solve with ASCEND, please let us know! You might also want to submit bug reports or contact us directly.
We are working on expanding our ASCEND Model Library. Please contact us if you have any interesting ASCEND models that you are prepared to share with us.